OceanGate is a company of amazing people working in one of the most exciting industries in the world, ocean exploration.
We employ a unique approach that seeks to bring individuals from diversified backgrounds to develop solutions that help solve the challenges of deepwater exploration. We are seeking professionals with enthusiasm for the oceans and an inclination towards exploration and innovation. Our robust pool of contacts from various industries and disciplines – financial, aerospace, telecom, biotech, environmental – help to expand your horizons and advance your career.
Successful candidates must be self-driven, flexible, and goal oriented with an ability to follow directions and carry out tasks with limited oversight. We like people who have a positive attitude and enjoying working in a small, close-knit team environment.
OceanGate is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.
OceanGate offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
In addition to the open positions listed below, we sometimes have the need for part-time or temporary contractors for marine operations and technical support. If you are interested in working with the OceanGate team, please see the open positions shown below, or submit your resume to be considered for contract positions.
Current Career Opportunities
Due to the nature of work that we do, all employees at OceanGate are expected to fulfill the following:
- Are authorized to work in the US
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport
- Can work autonomously with limited daily supervision
- Have a positive attitude, are energetic, and have a good sense of humor
- Are professional, dependable, and detail-oriented
- Are able to board small boats (Zodiacs) in rough seas
- Can demonstrate basic balance, mobility and flexibility (i.e. climb a 6 foot step ladder, carry 20 lbs., etc.)
- Always comply with health, safety and environmental policies, standards, and procedures
Expedition Sales and Client Services Manager
The primary responsibility of the Expedition Sales and Client Services Manager is to generate revenue for OceanGate submersible expeditions. The position requires a unique blend of sales and hands-on client service management in the affluent adventure travel market. Qualified and experienced professionals with an expedition background will work closely with other OceanGate team members to deliver a superior client experience.
To achieve sales objectives, the successful candidate will:
- Have experience or a strong understanding of adventure travel, private branded events and specialty tourism programs.
- Manage individual and affiliate group sales efforts from lead generation through contract completion, fulfillment and payment.
- Conduct outbound sales efforts to expedition clients and affiliates.
- Field inbound inquiries, assess each opportunity and respond appropriately.
- Identify travel affiliate prospects and conduct outbound sales efforts including presenting proposals that lead to signed reseller agreements and individual client commitments.
- Coordinate public and private events, including identifying opportunities for OceanGate expedition leaders to speak to appropriate audiences.
- Manage relations with expedition affiliates to monitor progress toward sales goals and to ensure that all outbound marketing materials are consistent with the OceanGate brand and expedition messaging.
- Make sales presentations on behalf of the company, developing a strong command of company subject matter and value proposition.
- Travel as required to meet prospective clients, make presentations, develop a sales funnel, and manage client relationships.
- Prepare professional sales presentations using standard electronic/digital software applications.
- Develop and use analytical sales tools to track, manage and report the status of sales initiatives, sales funnel activities, and progress toward sales objectives.
- Actively use Salesforce, Smartsheet, Nimble, or other CMS tools to maintain a complete database of contacts, leads, prospects and clients.
- Recognize, assess and filter potential sales opportunities for legitimacy, timeliness and return on investment.
To support the OceanGate team in delivering the client experience, the successful candidate will:
- Provide information and customer service to participants, travel affiliates and sponsors at every stage of the expedition process including planning, procurement, and delivery of the crew experience before, during and after each expedition.
- Coordinate the distribution of expedition updates, information, and gear to participants and affiliates.
- Organize and participate in private client engagement events before, during and after each expedition with exceptional service, organizational control and professional representation throughout the entire process.
- Manage the expedition registration process for participants and affiliates including managing confidential client information, tracking receipt of applications, contracts, payments, and special requests.
- Conduct post-expedition debriefs with participants and affiliates to gather feedback and use that information to advise our crew on ways to improve the client experience or team capabilities.
- Research expedition destinations for feasibility and marketability.
- Travel to remote locations including being aboard vessels at sea for several weeks at a time.
General Duties and Expectations
This position requires that you be self-directed, professional, and flexible with a positive attitude and willingness to work in a small, close-knit team environment. Must be goal-oriented to achieve sales goals, and have the drive to follow through on tasks in an environment with tight deadlines and fixed schedules. To succeed in this position you will:
- Have direct experience in the travel industry or expedition programs (required).
- Work in a dynamic office environment using standard office word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Manage time and projects efficiently with the ability to prioritize competing tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines – while working independently and with others in a team environment.
- Write professional correspondence and speak effectively and professionally to clients, vendors, sponsors and crew.
- Have a college degree (required).
- Have customer service experience (required).
Administration Specialist/Managerial Accountant
We have an immediate opening for an administrative specialist with a managerial accounting background to help with our expanding workload. We are looking for a committed and competent individual with proven experience in operations, administration and project management skills who understands how to develop pro forma financials, run and track budgets, work across multiple departments, handle payroll, and manage other fiduciary matters as needed. We are a close-knit, collaborative team that seeks an energetic, positive, self-initiative driven person to take on important tasks essential to the ongoing operations of the company.
This position requires you to understand how to work effectively in a small, entrepreneurial team environment and plan ahead to manage time-sensitive issues and business priorities.
- Develop and manage company budgets, pro formas and departmental accounting items
- QuickBooks accounting, including general ledger, AP/AR, payroll, taxes, month end reconciliation and closings
- Issue monthly financial reports from QB with Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and Profit/Loss
- Manage and expedite all vendor payments, invoicing, purchase orders, and credit card transactions
- Manage online banking, including wire transfers, credit card balances and funds transfer management.
- Coordinate and support the COO with investor relations, transaction and shareholder management
- Assist in the administration of company benefits programs, including medical, dental and vision plans
- Coordinate and support event planning, logistics and remote operations for employees and customers.
- General office administration, including document and records management, special projects, continual process and organizational improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior administrative management and managerial accounting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with bookkeeping using QuickBooks or a similar accounting and payroll software.
- High operating competence with Excel, and spreadsheet management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to track and execute on multiple items at the same time.
- Organized and process oriented. Able to create and control document and file management both online and in hardcopy format
- Collaborative in nature and able to serve the needs of multiple department managers and executive team members, sometimes on short notice.
- Prior experience dealing with shareholder management, private placement memorandums, stock offerings and legal administration